So it occurred to me the other night that I had created this blog as a way for a few friends of mine and myself to communicate with each other and the world about missions and out reach. I soon after had to succumb to the reality that I would not be on the same mission trip as they and this became my blog. It has taken a transition into more of a journal which is not bad, but per the name it should be spreading hope and highlighting missions which has yet to do.
So here I start, I will begin this summer to work and save money as well as my vacation time at work so that I may return to South Africa this next April.
A friend of mine once told me that we do not have to leave this place, that we are on a mission here, in our everyday lives in our work. She and I both work in hospitals and care for people, having this type of job we are called to love those we serve and those we work along side. ( I know we are all called to love all of God's people). The people I serve on a daily basis are those that are often misunderstood, oppressed, desperate, judged, forsaken, forsaking, drug addicted, financially afflicted, and some times lost or seeking. No this does not make me any more of a Christian or loving person then the next guy, if anything I think that I often fall short of this command from God to love my neighbor as myself. I have lately been preoccupied by my own life desires and struggles, I now have to pull my self out of this and look to God for the strength to do so. A wise friend of mine wrote me once "Our humility before God comes by admitting to Him that we are powerless to change ourselves, but only by the power of His Spirit do we ever have hope of walking worthy of this calling. By concentrating our focus on our behavior, we are focusing on ourselves. By focusing on God's transforming power, we are focusing on God, and all the while thanking him and giving him credit for the work." I hope to be more in this place of humility and less in my own self centered life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment