For some reason I woke this morning with this prayer in on my mind:
O God and Heavenly Father,
Grant to us the serenity of mind to accept that which cannot be changed;courage to change that which can be changed, and wisdom to know the one from the other, through Jesus Christ our Lord, Amen.
I think that the plaque that is hidden in my house now has both these prayers on it:
Prayer of Saint Francis of Assisi
Lord, make me an instrument of your peace.
Where there is hatred, let me sow love;
where there is injury,pardon;
where there is doubt, faith;
where there is despair, hope;
where there is darkness, light;
and where there is sadness, joy.
O Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek
to be consoled as to console;
to be understood as to understand;
to be loved as to love.
For it is in giving that we receive;
it is in pardoning that we are pardoned;
and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life. Amen
I wish that I was this in tune with the spirit but am grateful for the words of the wise that have come and gone before me.
I these difficult times I am struggling to remain joyful and grateful for all the blessings that I and my family have received thus far and if we have to give up some of the comforts and pleasures we remain blessed.
In these potentially darkening times may Christ be my light and life that I would not mourn that which has come to pass for my treasures shall be stored on heaven and not on this earth. May my family's story and perseverance be a testament of God's grace, mercy, love and provision.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment