Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Just feel like blogging

I was made really happy today as I realized that God has things figured out and I am hoping that the revelation that I had is from Him and will be orchestrated as such: I apply for the nursing program by December 15th and should hear by March if I got in (according to a student colleague of mine) then classes would start in the fall of 2010. if my calculations are correct and Nursing classes do not start in this summer term that means I should be able to return to South Africa in April of 2010. Of course work would have to comply with God's and my plans. That means just 80 hours off work and $3700 + . oh well I will just work a lot this summer and fall and well next summer if I am not in classes. In the long run this makes getting up every day worth it and encourages me that I will be serving God in the most amazing way going to his people that are in dire need of love and tangible items but that I get to be loved as I too realize that I am blessed but that I too am in need of God's unconditional love. (I hope that this makes sense as I write feverishly)

I have been thinking as I have been trying to anticipate God's plan for my life ( I know you can laugh I am) about what do I want, what does God want. (I have wondered this much an have yet to answer it)

I want: In no order of importance but meerly in order of presentation
To Please God (okay this is number one)
To not be afraid of myself, I just read a devotional the other day to not fear making a mistake to not be afraid of myself and to just make the choice. Joyce Myer was not condoning misbehavior or reckless choices but to enjoy the choices and if you make a mistake by God's grace all will be kosher(of course paraphrased)
To be healthier, remember that commercial about the lady that was so unhealthy and over weight that she could not keep up with her child at play. I have a patient right now who has a similar story and told me her daughter was the one who motivated her to get off the couch and get healthier because they could not spend any time together. I fear that this will be me.
To have the will power to make the healthy eating and physical behavior decisions that support the previous want.
Want a man, a Godly man, one that is supportive, funny, talented, smart, that loves me in the way that God intended, passionate and strong physically mentally and spiritually. Looks help but not necessary God what ever you see fit for me.
To maintain a warm welcoming home, it's kinda messy right now since I don't have much time, energy or motivation to keep it up.
A family, children
To travel, India, SA, Ireland, Italy.
To be a missionary
To be a nurse
To love my job, my coworkers
To continue to build good relationships with people in my community and my workplace, (okay need to work a little more at this)
To love God's people here in the D (sometimes I forget to see Jesus in everyone)
To have patience, mercy, grace, peace Joy.
To not keep doing what I always do wrong.
Strength to move on when appropriate.
To know when is appropriate.
To not get so attached and emotional.
To stop playing games no matter how fun when I know that they are no good for me.
To not fall for the wrong guy all the time.
To not think so much, to relax (in the right situation, God give me peace with this)
To let go of the things that I have already asked for forgiveness for.
To see Jason Mraz in concert (he is on Pandora right now, I had to put something frivolous down)
For my parents to be healthy and happy for God's provision to continue for them, for some security and that they know that by God they have what they have and by human error have to give up what they have to; but for the family to know that we are still blessed.
Faith that God will meet me in my needs and maybe some of my wants and desires.

Okay that's it for now.

No comments: