Things have been kind of crazy lately school family and friends stuff. There have been a lot of emotions and attempt to reflect on things, but still not a ton of clarity. I succumb to let God take the lead. I found myself trying to handle and be in control of somethings that were not mine to control or that needed no one to preside over them in an effort to get things to stop being so crazy. Needless to say I fell apart in quite a humorous way talking to a coworker I just began to cry from being over exhausted and over whelmed from the events that have conspired in the last few weeks. Well all is good, God was there all along and I had no doubt of his presence of power to make all things well.
The team is meeting to go back to South Africa and I know that I can not go again for a while. The other night I was in bed and remembering walking into the Maffus's house and the sense of home I felt. It was more warm and welcoming then when I actually go to my parent's home. Maybe it's all of the anticipation in getting there or the presence of God in our midst and the hope that resides there. Working in the D I occasionally catch the smell of SA I can't explain it but it drifts by me from time to time. I get to share my experiences with co workers and patients most recently with a student. I am reminded of how fortunate I am to have been used in God's will, to have been in the presence of unrestricted belief, and true gratitude. There is this constant deep desire to return and a constant reminder that I can not for a couple of years.
I can't help but praise God in this moment.
We as Americans are embarking on what could be very interesting journey, being careful to remember that the President is not a savior but one expected to make decisions in the best interest of the people, often this affects the entire world. I hope that God has gifted Obama with wisdom, and that Obama would rely on God for guidance, and thus the affect on the world would be positive. There are many reasons why this election has been monumental I hope that the country comes together and surrenders any preconceived notions and superficial judgements and looks to a hopeful future, if in the event things don't improve as we Americans think they should; let us remember to praise God for everything.
I know that I personally struggled with the election. This is the first election I have voted as a Christian, there are so many standards and rules that a Christian is expected to abide by a certain ideology that is expected that we all adopt but this is all based on interpretation and what one deems of greater importance. I have my beliefs and sometimes I feel that they do not always align with God's commands, but I struggle. No matter which way you look at it of the major arguments surrounding abortion, stem cells, medical marijuana, gay marriage, there is no argument that is fully aligned with God. So what are we to do in a day and age where technology is rampant, and everyone is affected.?How do we manage quality of life and what determines good quality and where do we draw the line? As a medical professional I see a lot of people in pain and hope that there are ways to remove that pain, are the interventions we come up with acceptable to God or against Him?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment