Thursday, January 8, 2009

New Year

Okay so it's that time of the year where we all have made resolutions by now some of us have already broken ours. I want to commit this year not to a resolution but to a life change. I am attempting to be nicer at work particularly with the people I do not get along with. I caught and image of myself one day and realized that I would not love me, some times I am a pure bitch. Now I have had a rough week and have failed everyday with this but look forward to a every day being a new start. I also am going to stay organized and be more responsible with my finances and behavior.

I am desiring to fall deeply in love with Christ I have been searching for joy daily and forgiveness often. I was listening to the radio and caught the recap of a sermon the pastor was speaking of the love story between Christ and the church paralleling the major events of the NT to that of a wedding. Yes I have heard of the bride the bride groom and all but the way he recapped it gave me a picture of the what I desire most but seek here on earth.

I am also reading "Vintage Jesus" slowly I admit but non the less. The book referenced Hebrew 4:15-16 It just hit me so hard, again it's not like I have been taught this but the way it was written in "Vintage Jesus" opened my eyes to the humanity of Christ and that He totally understands me. I have sought some one to empathize, sympathise, and understand me and here He is at all times. What have I been looking so hard for.

So here is to a New Year and hopes to not lose what I have just realized.

No comments: